Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bethany House to release The Longing in August


I am so excited to see the third and final book ready for release in the "Courtship Of Nellie Fisher" series. I am reading the second book right now (The Forbidden-and plan to give a review shortly) and have found it as good as all of Beverly Lewis' work. It's rich in authenticity regarding the Amish, and as close to comfort food as it gets. You know how homemade chicken soup tastes when you are all wrapped up in a blanket sick? Or how pot roast and potatoes taste on Sunday following a dry serman? That is exactly how I feel when I cozy on down with one of Lewis' books. Like I am right at home, indulging in mac and cheese or whatever my vice is. Trust me on this one.

You can pre-order The Longing from CBD (Christian Book Distributors) or from Bethany House directly. If you've been keeping up with the series, you'll not want to miss this one. Caleb's father is paralyzed in an accident resulting in Caleb running the farm. Rhoda is still following her fancies for the world after cutting her hair and taking a job in a restaurant. Reuban continues to have a heavy heart for the division in his family. And Nellie must decide whether Christian Yoder, Calebs Mennonite cousin, is interested in more than her sweets. Oh, and did I mention that Nellie and Caleb are history?

Ok. There's the scoop. Pre-order your copy of The Longing and don't miss one detail of the conclusion to this trilogy.