Monday, February 05, 2007

Happy post-SuperBowl Monday!!



Watching the SuperBowl provides excitement for me not while the game is being played, but rather during commercial time. I love SuperBowl commercials. They are some of the funniest, most dramatic, well-thought of ideas all year. But, alas, this years was a disappointment. Unless you liked the Blockbuster one where the "mouse" is being used as a computer mouse. That was cute. But that was it. {long sigh} I waited for nothing.

I did cheer on Chicago since that is my Dad's hometown. GO BEARS!! With the opening punt return, I thought the Bears were going to provide a much-talked about upset. I was pumped.....and then the second half happened and it was adios Bears!! Hey, atleast they made it to Florida, right??

Flu season has not hit yet....so my sons pediatrician has said. It is due to become an epidemic within a couple of weeks. (How do they know this?) Anyway, if you live in the Southeast Region of the US, be on the lookout. I would love to hear from other parts of the US....have you experienced the flu this year? I was hoping for a mild year....better yet....a non-event.

I am in the middle of another GREAT read. I say that about alot of books, but I just get lucky, I guess. I really am a discriminatory reader. It takes a lot to spark my interest. This one is called "Quennmaker" by India Edghill. This is her first novel yet it is written as smoothly as if she'd been doing it for years. It reads as if the writting were effortless. It is the story of King David and Michal. I really love biblical stories written as novels because I can take these people off the pedestals I placed them on and view them as real people. I see then as human instead of Gods. The Old Testiment was dry and weary to read...now, I am intrigued with it.

There is baby fever here for sure. Both my sister-in-law and my sister are due this summer. I feel as if I am witnessing not one miracle, but two. Conception, pregnancy, and birth fascinate me. And I've done it twice. To think that a womans body is so versatile as to conceive and carry life, and then birth it is such an awesome concept. Maybe the husbands disagree. After all, they are the ones on the receiving end of the hormones. :-) And God bless you for the Subways, Starbucks, watermelons and pizza's you go after at 11 o'clock at night to satisfy those cravings. It's a time in life when you feel as if God has pointed to you and said "It's your turn" and you feel very significant-like you are doing his highest calling while carrying that baby. Congratulations to my sister and sister-in-law. When the going gets tough, remember, 10 fingers, 10 toes. Those make it all worth it.