Sunday, January 22, 2012


Music is an integral part of my life which means my worship begins and ends with a song. When God wants to send a message to me, it's through a particular song. While waiting years-ten to be exact-to conceive our middle son, I would often hear songs related to babies and motherhood. God knew what it took to keep my faith activated. Amy Grant's Baby, Baby would become my anthem for years.

Not long before I went through a dark time in my life, I saw this clip on our local Christian television station while channel surfing. Ricardo Sanchez was singing about being free and forgiven. I didn't know it then, but this song would become a pep talk that God would use to encourage me many times while "walking through the valley of the shadow of (spiritual) death." It was a common occurance for me to look up at the ceiling and lament, "I want to be free. I want to know what freedom in you means."

If you are going through that season of needing to be free, or the assurance that you are forgiven, or that in God, all things are possible, may this song minister to you as it did for me on numerous occasions.