Thursday, October 05, 2006

Flu shot Frenzy

Dr. A discusses Flu shots. He's right. There is an anger and hostility that accompanies the panic of getting ones flu shot. "I want mine and I want it now" seems to be the mentality. I snorted a time or two reading the account from Dr. A.

That doesn't mean I will be patient in getting mine. Or that I will sit like a good, quiet 8 year old in the waiting room of my local doc-in-the-box to get mine. I have never gotten a flu shot. Hubby got one several years ago. His employer was offering them free to all employees and being one to accept anything (almost) that is free, he took it. BIG mistake. He is not a sickly one. He never gets sick. Not even a cold. Well, maybe the occasional sniffle. That year, he got the flu twice. Not once...twice.

I have come to realize if it ain't broke...don't fix it. But that doesn't mean if you are in a risk zone-whether it be with a low immune system or age-that you personally shouldn't take one. Flu shots fall into that "it's a personal decision" catagory. But if you do get one, be patient. Wait your turn. Don't get all hot and bothered about it. There will be plenty to go around. If you don't believe me, ask Dr. A.